Friday, October 31, 2014

Sprint Triathlon

Last week Todd and I did a sprint triathlon and it was SO fun!  It was my first one and I'm a fan of them now. We signed up for it with about 2 weeks of training time so I was a little nervous (especially because we found out when we got there that the actually swimming distance was twice as long as we'd "trained" for... during our 3 swims), but it ended up being just fine.  My husband is the best and stayed with me the entire time even though I know he could have gone much faster.   He was also very entertaining.  We didn't have any music with us for the running portion so we provided our own music.  And those who really know us, know that we're not super into pop culture... so we sang a lot of  Disney songs and the little phrases we could remember from songs like "because I'm happy, clap along if you know...", and "we are the champions my friend..."  It was actually quite motivating.  I'm sure we sounded great singing them at the top of our lungs as we ran too.  Luckily there weren't many people around us.  

Here are some pictures...



We also had an awesome cheer leading section with my sister, parents, and our sweet sleepy baby.  I was seriously SO grateful they were there to cheer us on.


We are definitely going to do one of those races again.  It felt great afterwards, unlike the inability to walk for a few days after a half marathon:).  Next time maybe we'll do one where the swimming portion is in a lake or something.  NOT, that would totally scare me.  Lake sharks could be real...

1 comment: