Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

This year Father's Day and Mother's Day have meant more to me than ever before.  I'm not a mom quite yet, but will be soon and I am so excited for it.  I'm so grateful for my own dad, grandpa, and other wonderful examples of fathers in my life.  I am most excited for my husband to be a dad though.  I think it will be wonderful to see him grow into that role.  I'm so glad I got to marry someone that I would be so happy to see my children turn out to be like. I love this little clip about the influence of a father.

One thing I have thought about throughout my life is how the love a parent has for their child is a reflection of a fraction of love our Heavenly Father has for us.  I have felt so much love and trust in my Heavenly Father throughout my life. I know my parents have helped me to feel that way from their own examples.  I'm looking forward to the gift of having that type of love for my own children.  Parenthood is truly divine and teaches us so much of the Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment