Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Abundant Life

So last night I was reading this talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin about how to tap into the "potential that lies in each of us" and live an abundant life, one where we "radiate a confident inner peace... and [glow] with irrepressible joy." He shared three suggestions of what he's noticed that the happiest people he knows have developed into {holy} habits, so I wanted to share them with you...

1. drink deeply of living waters. "To embrace [the gospel of Jesus Christ] fully is to be filled with wonder and to walk with an inner fire. Our Savior proclaimed, 'I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.'"

2. FILL our hearts with love. I just think about the word fill, when something's full, there's no room for other less valuable things to be in our hearts. "Those who serve others 'will come to know a happiness... never known before.... Heaven knows there are so very, very, very many people in this world who need help. Oh, so very ... many. Let's get the cankering, selfish attitude out of our lives, my brothers and sisters, and stand a little taller and reach a little higher in the service of others.'"

3. "with the help of Heavenly Father, create a masterpiece of [your] life."

Enough said, I just wanted to share this light that I began loving several years ago when my mom first shared it with me. I know the peace and confidence we all desire comes from the Savior and it's through Him our lives can reach their full potential!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to read this talk. Love your blog! Hope you're doing well. We really need to talk/have a get together. I really miss talking with you!

    ReplyDelete