Sunday, May 30, 2010

PEACE

Isn't that what everyone is seeking to have in this life? There's a quote by Elder Holland in My New Life that I have thought about several times lately. "When suffering we may infact be neerer to god than we ever have been in our entire lives, that knowledge can turn every such situation into a would be temple." I am grateful for the many moments the Lord has given me to feel peace, to feel the surety I feel in the holy temple. It's amazing how the Lord gives us opportunities to make our lives as holy as the temple.

One of the sweet moments today of peace came from thinking about what it would be like if I met myself 10, 20, 30, even 40 years down the road. How would I greet myself, what would show in my countenance, what advice would I give, what would I feel, how would I empathize with myself, etc. So healing in a way to think about those things. To know that the lessons we are learning now will in fact come to pass and through the trials, hopeFULLy we will become the people we desire to be one day. I think if I were to meet myself, there would be a long, warm embrace with some possible tears shed. I'm sure I would tell myself to have joy, trust that everything will work out, and to always love the people around me. I am excited to meet myself one day, but for now, I am happy being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment